Getting Started Checklist
P.V. System – Pre-Installation Checklist
1. Does your location have south-western exposure that receives 4 hrs of direct sunlight during the day?
2. Are there any objects on the roof such as a chimney that would cast a shadow on the p.v. modules during the day?
3. Do you plan to mount the solar panel system on the roof? If so, what is the current roof condition and would the roof needed to be replaced before the solar modules could be installed?
4. Do you have enough space by your main breaker panel box to mount the inverter? If not, the inverter can be mounted outside where the electric meter is located from the power company.
5. Is there any structural damage to the roof trusses? If so, they might need to be repaired to satisfy the engineers for the building permit.
6. Do you have the blueprints for your house / building to provide the engineers if they would need to be reviewed?
7. Does your power company provide the option for net-metering to sell power back to the power company?
8. To reduce the size of the solar panel system required for your location you should consider replacing your appliances with energy efficient models. This isn’t an absolute necessity, but over many years the energy saved helps to reduce your energy footprint.
9. If you live in a development, are there ANY restrictions by your homeowner association regarding the installation of an solar panel system?